Butterfly Raising Caterpillar Kits - Pre-order today for Spring Pickup
We are now accepting orders for the 2024 butterfly raising season
Our Caterpillar – Painted Lady Butterfly Raising Kits includes everything you need to raise and hatch your very own butterflies. The Painted Ladies are a delight to raise and require minimal care during their incredible metamorphosis.
Butterfly Raising Kit comes with:
- 8-10 larvae
- Artificial Diet in an 8 oz. group raising container
- a feeding vial
- paint brush
- complete instructions
- tips for teachers & butterfly facts
Flight cages for your adult butterflies are sold separately and available here, and can be re-used from year to year. You are welcome to use other options, but the flight cages must be secure, with rough surfaces on the inside so that the butterflies can walk properly: slick surfaces (glass, plastic) are deadly to newborn adult butterflies.
The flight cages we sell are entomological grade, the same used in the breeding lab: we do not offer disposable or cheaply made options that may endanger your animals. They are sustainable but costly: If you're looking for alternatives, check out our instructions for flight cage options.
- Flight cage or similar, for housing the adult butterflies (available for purchase)
- Misting bottle for misting the adults
- Gatorade or sugar water blend for the adults
- Clean spoon for scooping food
To place your order:
- Select your available pick up date from the drop down menu
- Select the week that you will pick up the live larvae kits
- Dates available for pick up are: April 22, April 29, May 6 (low stock), May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3
Learn about life cycles and the natural world. Fun for all ages
Stay tuned for our Farmer & Daughter Butterfly Release Event